Oluanai is about creating images that are creative, unique and beautiful. So what makes Oluanai different? I use unique location for each client, I am meticulous with editing, I use high end cameras and lenses, and I am determined to produce something special. My prices are reasonable and straight forward. I hope you enjoy my photography.
Check out the senior gallery page for more samples!
What does it cost?
Senior portrait sessions - $750
- 1 hour session
- 35 edited jpg images
- Indefinite online storage
- Oluanai Photo App for easy access and sharing
- Photographer release
- On location or in studio
- No required print packages
What is the Process?
Step 1: The Plan
This isn't brain surgery, but I really want your images to something that wows everyone, that reflects who you are, and is something that you're proud of. I like to sit with a client in person or at least Skype them to figure out the following:
- What's the concept? Do you want something traditional, or something creative like a an, urban, fashion concept. (Yes, I've even done underwater shoots)
- What's the wardrobe going to be? You can decide for yourself or have us help.
- Location, Location, Location.
- Hair and Makeup: Depending on the package you buy we'll provide a hair and makeup person on site the day of the shoot. We'll have to figure out ahead of time what you want to do though.
This might seem like a lot, but we can usually get this all squared away in a 30 minute meeting.
Step 2: Book a Session and get ready
Once we have an idea, you'll need to put down a retainer. The $50 retainer goes towards the cost of the session. If the weather forces a reschedule, we can do that free of charge. Here are some do's and don'ts
- Get a spray tan
- Make a major change to your hair like chop it all off
- Over think it! The shoot is going to be fun!
- Get your hair done
- Get your nails done
- Get lots of rest
Step 3: The Shoot
The shoot itself is always a total blast. Minors will need an escort like a parent or family member. I'm not picky as to who is there, but definitely have someone come.
It's ok to be nervous. That happens all the time and I will walk you through the entire shoot. I'll give you plenty of direction and we will have fun. I know it can be scary but you'll be ok.
- Can I look at the proofs? No. I will provide select edited images, but I do not give out proofs or RAW files.
- Can I buy RAW files? I don't like to do this, but if you really want RAW files I do sell them for $150 for a portrait session. They are delivered in a beautiful wooden box with a set of prints.
- What if I don't like my photos? This does happen. In my 6 years of photographing seniors I've had 3 clients not like their photos. In each case, I reshot their portraits for free.
- Do you travel? Yes I do! Just cover my flight from San Diego and I'll be there.
- Do you shoot film photography? Film is back and I do both digital and film photography. I have my own darkroom. Film shoots are the same price as digital.